Located for the last time at Glebe Island, the temporary home of the Sydney Exhibition Centre, this year’s Sydney Quilt Show will feature approximately 400 member quilts.
- View all the prize winning quilts in the Sydney Quilt Show Online Gallery.
- Download the Sydney Quilt Show 2016 Prize Listing (500KB PDF)
- Download Sydney Quilt Show 2016 catalogue (1.8MB)
Come along to the QuiltNSW exhibition area to also see:
Don’t miss our new display of quilt hoops showcasing a diverse array of quilt styles. This exciting display will be shown in its finished form for the first time and has been designed to enliven the member’s area of the Sydney Quilt Show and create an inviting entrance to our visitors. A display not to be missed!!
QuiltNSW Groups from around New South Wales will be displaying their work including:
- Thursday 23 June : Southern Quilters Finishing School and Eastwood Patchwork Quilters
- Friday 24 June: Hunters Hill Quilters and Novocastrian Quilters
- Saturday 25 June: Sydney Modern Quilt Guild and Arcardian Quilters
- Sunday 26 June: Northbridge Quilters and Eastern Suburbs Quilters
Special Exhibit Floor Talks
- Textile Artist, Caroline Sharkey, Wed to Sat 10-11am
- Quilter Merelyn Pearce, Wed to Sun 11-12noon
Meet The Teacher
A selection of patchwork and quilting teachers will be appearing Thursday to Sunday working on their own projects. Our teachers will be using BERNINA machines 570QE and Simply Red 215.
- Thursday am: Linda Butcher (Hand Applique) and Meg Orr (Quilt As You Go)
- Thursday pm: Wendy Nutt (Foundation Piecing)
- Friday am: Cathy Jack Coupland (Thread Painting)
- Friday pm: Bob James (Foundation Piecing in Miniature) and Chris Jurd (Foundation Piecing)
- Saturday am: Therese Rankmore (Creative Cutting) and Pam Furniss (Machine Applique and Quilt as you Go)
- Saturday pm: Amanda Daly (Raw Edge Applique) and Megan Manwaring (String Piecing)
- Sunday am: Lynn Hewitt (Finishing Your Quilt) and Shirley Gibson (Hand Quilting)
- Sunday pm: Jan Foster (Machine Quilting) and Brenda Gael Smith (Creating with Felt)
QuiltNSW Community Quilts will be demonstrating their skills in making quilts which are then donated to appropriate causes and organisations.
Sydney Quilt Show 2017
- The dates for the Sydney Quilt Show 2017 are 21 -25 June at the Darling Harbour Exhibition Centre
- New Category: Coverlets Two (2) layers only with or without some form of stitches through the layers. A coverlet must also have a hanging sleeve (for display purposes we recommend stitched through to front of quilt). Maximum size 290 x290 cm.
- New Category: Contemporary: (details to be announced)
Sydney Quilt Show 2018
- Special Themed Category Southern Stars Size: Minimum 120cm, Maximum 180cm